Why should I choose a private school for my child?
• According to a US Department of Education, private school students generally do more homework, watch less television and read more books than their public school counterparts
• A greater percentage of students participate in the arts, athletics, and other extracurricular activities.
• Achievement, hard work and good study habits are typically valued by all members of the community.
• Teachers interact with students in all aspects of school life and not just in the classroom.
• They promote critical thinking and a love of learning.
• Teachers have greater instructional latitude.
• The schools emphasize ethical behavior and good citizenship.
• Students are expected to be well-mannered and disciplined.
• Emphasis is placed on communication between school and home.
• Most are funded privately through tuition and charitable contributions.
Is the school accredited?
Trent’s Accreditations and Affiliations include: Council of International Schools (C.I.S.), International Registry for Accreditation, National Independent Private Schools Association (NIPSA), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Texas Private School Accreditation Commission.
What are the hours of operation?
Regular school hours are 7:30-4:00. We offer before and/or after care between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Is Bus Service available?
Bus Services are offered within a 5-mile radius. If interested, please call the school at 281-980-5800.
Where can I purchase my child’s uniform?
We require all students to wear a school uniform, unless otherwise directed. Uniform colors, styles, and prices vary based on grade. Our new uniform vendor is Dennis School Uniforms. They are based in San Antonio, Texas, and orders can be placed online. Their website is www.dennisuniform.com.
Do you have an after-school care program?
Yes, Trent aftercare programs start right after school and there are a variety of activities to select for 3-year olds to 12th grade students. The programs run until 6:00.
How can I enroll my child?
Admission to Trent InternationalE School is selective. The first step is to submit the online application for admission (click Here). There is no deadline for applying for admission. We offer classes for pk3-12th grade. Please review the application requirements according to the grade/program your child will be applying to enter. Completed files will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee and notification of decisions will be sent to parents as soon as possible.
Does Trent provide accommodations if a child has food allergies?
Yes, all parents will be asked to fill out a form upon enrollment, revealing any food (or other) allergies that their child might have. We will make safe accommodations for the student, based on their needs and their doctor’s and parent’s advice. Please do not hesitate to share this information with the school.